Hello friends, welcome… are you asking yourself, “OK, I get it. How do I do my part?”
Get started, taking action on solutions to our emerging climate crisis… while celebrating good jobs and clean, prosperous lives for millions. In a very real sense, we are inventing the healthy civilization of the future.
It starts with YOU. The all-important first step: Get to know your Warrior power… your three Superpowers, really:
You and I wield absolute control in these three ways! Each of the links above takes you to an essay which will motivate you to success… please take the time to read them, then think deeply about the great power you bring as a warrior.
It can transform your life, and save our precious planet.
We are more powerful than we realize…
Step Two: Deploy your Superpowers on the biggest possible wins listed below, preferably ones that speak to your unique talents and to the issues faced by your homeland.
You’ll know which to global warming solution to work on, because you feel it beckoning. It can become your noble calling.
According to researchers at Project Drawdown, this is the list of the most-effective global warming solutions: (ranked by % of total possible wins):
1) Protect and increase tropical and temperate forests (108 gigatons, 10%)
2) Wind turbines, both onshore and offshore (100 GT, 9%)
3) Cleaner refrigerants (fluorocarbons are surprisingly awful) (90 GT, 9%)
4) Reduce food waste all through the farm-to-table pipeline (71GT, 7%)
5) Eat a plant-rich diet; reduce beef consumption especially (66 GT, 6%)
6) Educate girls (60 GT, 6%)
7) Family planning (60 GT, 6%)
8) Photovoltaic solar farms (37 GT, 4%)
9) Silvopasture (31 GT, 3%)
10) Rooftop solar (25 GT, 2%)
11) Regenerative agriculture (23 GT, 2%)
12) Protect peatlands (22 GT, 2%)
13) Electric vehicles, hybrids and improved fuel efficiency, upgrade trucking (21 GT, 2%)
14) Tropical staple-food trees (20 Gt, 2%)
15) Conservation agriculture (17 GT, 2%)
16) Tree intercropping (17 GT, 2%)
17) Geothermal energy (17 GT, 2%)
18) Managed grazing (16 GT, 2%)
19) Nuclear energy (16 GT, 2%)
20) Clean cookstoves (16 GT, 2%)
21) Farmland restoration (14 GT, 1%)
22) LED lighting, both household and commercial (13 GT, 1%)
23) Improved rice cultivation (11 GT, 1%)
24) Concentrated solar farms (11 GT, 1%)
25) District heating in cities (9 GT, 1%)
A key way for you to prepare? Each of us should get the new Project Drawdown book or view online their rankings, and read their excellent analysis of all 100 best climate crisis solutions… listed above are simply the top twenty-five that score the biggest wins fastest, accounting for 85% of total possible upsides.
Their book was the world’s number one bestselling environmental book of 2017, and I recommend it as solid and substantive.
The choice you make can become the passion and noble purpose for this life.
Get involved. Never, ever give up!
* * *
Not sure how to start saving the planet (civilization, really)? Start by always remembering Al Gore’s famous saying: “Hope is a renewable resource.”
Then, our practical answer becomes “Deeply know the personal Superpowers” we all bring to the game of life:
3) To save the planet, USE OUR VOICES and take advocacy seriously! Never miss a vote and never, ever stop influencing your government and all businesses locally, at the state level, and at the national level. As well, set a solid example for all around you to see. Jawbone to others about what we need to do, and influence them as peers. Finally, have an annual cash donations program. All of these are ways we can use our voices.
Stay focussed: Lead the way with substantive global warming solutions. (Far from being a bummer, this is actually a fun trend for each of us to be part of… get energized!) Our kids and their kids will be proud of us.
And in all cases and at all times, cast aside the learned-helplessness that infects so much of modern life… the time is now for climate change solutions. Never give up.
* * *